Thursday, February 12, 2009

We're Expecting!!

It is official, we are expecting our third child and cannot wait for her arrival!! Our social worker came to our house on Monday to complete our home study and met the boys. I was so proud of my little guys, they were both awesome with her in their own unique ways. Griffin sat right at the table with us and talked to her, non stop, for a half hour. When Carter was talking with her he never stopped smiling and that smile of his is so precious. We are sure to pass the test now!! She is a very nice young woman so it was very comfortable. This time we had to answer several questions about our plans on raising a child with a different cultural background then ours. Those are difficult questions to answer because we have never done this before. We have spent some time researching this and plan on starting some new traditions that involve her culture before she comes home. For instance this will be the first year that we will celebrate Korean day on March 1st. Ty is heading to Korea next week for business so he plans on getting us some things for us to explore with the boys. So now we wait. Our official waiting time started on Monday so we will get our referral, that is her name and picture, in 9-12 months. After we accept the referral it will be another 10-14 weeks before we bring her home. That is going to be a very hard few months, imagine knowing your child is alive and waiting for you and you cannot be there for her. I cannot imagine how it will feel. The interesting part is when they call and tell us she is ready we have one week to get there. So much for my compulsive planning!! So if any of you see me porking up just remember I am expecting!! After the social worker left Ty said, "well I guess we can eat ice cream every night now." 9-12 months seems so long but as you all know time goes by so fast so we are going to try and enjoy being a family of 4 for the next year!

Something else to share: God had been really challenging me lately at the same time he is showing up at the most unexpected times and in the most unexpected ways. This past weekend I was involved in a conversation where I was asked, (pretty much our of no where) "what is heaven like and how do you know it exists?" My answer was short and sweet, "The Bible says it exists and describes it in detail." Well my cop out answer lead to a more difficult question, "how do you know the Bible is true?" I have questioned that myself in the past so I researched it quite a few years ago and came to the conclusion that there is so much indisputable evidence that it is true. Of course I could not remember any of it at that moment. I know God was asking me to be a witness for him but I fell so short of what I was called to do. Anyway, to make a long story short, I am in the process of preparing myself to answer these questions the next time anybody asks them. God is helping out a lot, he has put some really great resources in front of me, some even showed up on my i-pod and I did not put them there. That is an awesome story, if you want to hear more about it just ask me. The last question that I had to answer that I was confident in was "is God the only way to Heaven?" I simply said, "Yes, the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ." I am very grateful for the person who was asking me these questions because she was very nice about it and has now opened my eyes to what I have to do and ignited again in my heart the great desire to know the Truth and be able to share it. My dream is that one day I will lead somebody to Christ and I will pray that life changing prayer with them, I cannot wait but I need to be prepared!!
Hope you all feel lots of love on Valentine's Day!

No comments: