Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Unpredictable!




Children are so unpredictable. That is difficult for somebody like me who really likes to know what is coming next. Parenting has taught me so many things, but the one that I need a lot more work on is going with the flow. Here is why I am writing this today... On Sunday I would have given Griffin to ANYBODY who asked, the problem was with his behavior nobody would dream of asking! I had no idea what I was going to do with him but I was SURE I was failing as a parent. His behavior even brought me to tears, that was the first time with Griffin. Not that he is overall better behaved that Carter was but because I have mellowed out a lot over the past 5 years. Between swearing underneath my breath and praying, I, we got through that day. I turned to God several times to help me in those moments that I was losing it! As always because He is so good, God walked with me. I also love my husband during these times because he always wants to talk about our parenting and how we can make it better. It is very helpful to have somebody who really understands to talk with. So this brings me to today....Today I wouldn't give Griffin up for even a minute!! He has been the most wonderful little boy anybody could ask for. He was so well behaved that I even took him to a little cafe for lunch and he was the best date ever!! I gave him so many praises throughout the morning and he kept responding, "you welcome mommy" man is he sweet! I also spent some time praising God for this miracle in my life and for always being there just as he promised!!


Go enjoy your little darlings or your little s----'s which ever they are today because they are a Gift and we are very blessed that God has entrusted them to us for their time on this earth.

No comments: