Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Is it really November already??








I cannot believe it is November already and the stores are full of Christmas items. I decided I am going to do more baking this year than I usually do and give those items as some gifts. Both of the boys enjoy helping in the kitchen so it should be fun!

Halloween was really fun this year because both if the boys were into it. Of course the gorgeous weather made it even better. We had a week full of Halloween celebrations, 5 to be exact so we got a lot of use out of our costumes. I made a decision that Halloween was going to be over when they woke up the next morning so we would not have the "I want candy" struggle constantly for days or weeks. It has worked very well, they have not once asked about their Halloween candy. Not that we deprive them of it, we just added it to our normal snack shelf and they can choose a piece for a snack just like any other snack. I also put a lot of it out of site and will use it for stocking stuffers at Christmas!! Hey in these economic times you have to be creative.

On a different and way more important topic, we have a new President, what a ride the past few months have been! Although my vote for President did not make it, I will fully support our next President as I think all Americans should do. All I can do is continue to pray for this great country of ours and all of it's leaders. It was fun to have a child in school during the elections, even though he is only in kindergarten, they spent a lot of time discussing it and learning bout the election process. Of course I learned some things too, I love kindergarten!!
Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: