Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Vacation












We spent last week at a cabin in Minoquia with Ty's family. His mom and dad, his brother and wife and their 3 children. It was a nice week full of many activities. The weather could have been better but it could have been much worse, only one day of rain but not too hot. It was nice enough that the kids spend the better part of the first 3 days in the beautiful, clear lake. Well on the evening of day 3, they all started itching, they all got swimmers itch, some worse than others. Needless to say, they spent little time in the water after that which was OK because it was not very warm. Carter and his two older cousins spent quite a bit of time fishing and Griffin and his little cousin, Lydia (the only girl of the group) spent lots of time practicing their casting with rubber fish and bobbers. Let me tell you, they both have a great cast!! Now we are home and it is the first week of August, YIKES!!! We are trying to enjoy as many summer days as we can.

I am heading up north for a much needed girl's weekend. I love vacationing with my kids but I also love vacationing without them. I am hoping for lots of sun, laughs, memories (new and old) and relaxation, Oh and no whining!!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend as much as I plan to!

No comments: